[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids Nth Califonia

The weather was a bit shaky last night, and I was chased inside by
showers. When it was clear the night was beautiful. Unfortunately I saw
only 1 genuine Leonid, it was a good one though, a mag -1 fireball that
traversed approx 40 deg. I was only able to observe early, and when I
woke later (3:00AM) it was raining heavily).

Observing time 10:30 PM Pacific Time to 1:00 AM. (38.0N 122.5E)
Teff (60%) 1.5 hours

Sporadics 7
Leonids 1

Clouds varied from 0 to 100% (very frustrating)

I did see 4-5 sporadics that all had similar trajectories, approx 90 deg
to the Leonid flight path, but more vertical (i.e. from the north
celestial pole down). Sorry about the poor description, but I am
curious, is this part of another classification.

I'll post a more full report of last night, and tonights viewing
tommorrow.

Robert.
--
"'tis pleasure sure in being mad, which none but madmen know"
--Cervantes