[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AMO activity (was Re: Sporadics from Gemini)

Lew,

I think that rate of AMO may already high even in Nov. 12/13 when we
observed Linearids. Observer Rui Qi reported that he saw some meteors
coming from Canis Major (see my report sent to meteorobs on Nov. 12),
and we finally realized that those should be AMOs. He saw at least 5
in about 1-2 hours (I need to check with him) under LM=5.8. At that
time, we knew nothing about AMO and most of us were facing north
except Rui while he watched south for NTAs. I though that I also saw
high rate reported by other observers here of AMOs during Nov. 12/13
to Nov. 17/18.

Clear skies, Jin

--
Jin Zhu                           | Tel.: +86-10-62759888, 62756612 (O)
Beijing Astronomical Observatory  |       +86-10-62579689 (H)