[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Skywatching...

Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me. I'm a really new one in astronomy. I have got a map,
a good pair of binaculairs and some other books. The only problem I have is,
that I know (more theoratical) where the big and the little dipper are.
Sometimes I find them, but that's all. I can watch the sky and compare it
with the map, but mostly I think, that I'm wrong. Could someone tell me the
best ways to watch the sky and find the things you are looking for (for
example: the super nova, where exactly do I find it?) I really don't know
how to work with all the numbers (the exact location). If I have got now
something like: R.A. = 19h 23m 05s.38   Decl.= +04 57' 20".1    (Equinox
2000.0). What´is the meaning and how do I work with them while watching the
sky? I hope someone can help me, thank you.

Philipp Schmid
  Vienna, Austria