[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #267

Since red and green are complementary colors, I would hazard the guess that
as he drove at night, he may have kept his eyes focussed on the same spot in
front of his car for a while, burning in - so to speak - the green image on
his retina.  If he then shifted his view to the right slightly, the green
LED readout  would be taken out of his field of vision and he might then see
an image of its complement, red.  It reminds me of some common optical
tricks, especially the black and white one that if you stare at it long
enough and then close your eyes, you get a negative image that looks like
Jesus.

As for the name of someone who studies meteors:  I'd suggest "exogeologist".
(don't we already have exobiologists?)

terry

Follow-Ups: References: