[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteorics - Meteoricist

Hello all

My two cents worth.  I am engaged in the field of METEORITICS (the study of
meteorites) and one who is thus engaged is known as a METEORITICIST.

I suspect one who is involved in METEORICS (the study of meteors) would
then be known as a METEORICIST.  However, all the sources I have checked
indicate that one who studies atmospheric related phenomena of any kind
would be called a METEOROLOGIST.  I guess we have connected the study of
the weather so solidly to it over the years that it would now be incorrect
to refer to the person who studies meteors a METEOROLOGIST--but that's what
all my sources say.

J.