[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Xi Bootid Radiant

     After re-reviewing my plots from the weekend, I do find a somewhat sharp radiant
at 15hrs 15min +14 involving 8 definite candidates and 2 potential candidates,
based on speed and path length.  This is roughly two degrees right of and just below the star Tau-1 Serpens.  With five of the meteors, I need only a 2-degree diameter circle to achieve
the radiant.  All eight definite candidates were plotted on Feb 04/05 and 05/06.  I reviewed
my data after receiving J. Rendtel's video-capture update/chart this morning on the IMO list.
    However, when I "subtract out" the above eight meteors, at 15hr15min +14, I am still left with a radiant at roughly 14hr09min +15 involving no less than 5 definite candidates, and 2 potential candidates based on the same speed data and path length, using plots from 03/04,04/05 and 05/06.  This is an area roughly 2-3 degrees below Arcturus.
    Naturally, the above statements should be taken as tentative to to my inexperience at reducing and analyzing plotted data. My plots have already been sent to Mark Davis at NAMN
and Bob Lunsford at the AMS.  I'll eagerly await their more experienced analysis!
Kim Youmans