[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations 03/03 04/03 --00

Thanks Lew,

I was aware that multiple IMO Star Area counts are better than one area
(I've been doing my "homework" using some of the excellent web sites out
there on meteors and observing ,IMO and NAMN especially :) .... my main
problem lies in the fact that I'm still unfamiliar with the
constellations.I'm planning to try and alleviate this problem by getting a
printer and taking the star charts in the field with me.Hopefully with this
and more *cross-fingers* less cloudy skies than of late, I might be able to
return with some more formal data !

Theres one other major problem I've encountered ...I find it almost
impossible to record useful meteor data and photograph them at the same
time.I guess I'm trying to run before I can walk :)
Apart from that,I find myself enjoying going out in the field and observing
more and more due to the sheer variety of behavior that meteors
display,even if it is -4 and my sleeping bag is encrusted in ice!

Clear skies
                            Leo