[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: All-sky and Intensifier Systems

Malcolm,

> The surplus Gen II MCPs I've tried have noticeable distortion, making
> the real-time data reduction much harder, say if you want to use Hough
> transforms.

that's less dramatic for MetRec. My software does track meteor trails
but without hough transform for the complete trail. Instead, always the
last two shutter breaks are used to 'predict' the position of the next
one. That is, if three consecutive breaks are not fully misaligned, the
software will keep track of the meteor also near the edges.

Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *