From: "Steve Endlich" <s_endlich@email.msn.com>
To: <MeteorObs@Charlestondot net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 9:07 PM
Subject: Daytime meteor in Seattle

To whom it may concern,

Yesterday (April 17th, 2000), I witnessed something I never have seen
before.  I was in West Seattle, Washington, in a small park next to Lincoln
Park.  I was out enjoying a very beautiful clear day here.  I was taking
pictures with my new digital camera.  While I was facing east and looking
high into the beautiful blue sky, directly overhead, traveling west to east,
I saw a blue fireball.  The diameter appeared about 1/5th the relative
diameter of the moon, and was followed by a small trail.  Even though I
spotted it high, it moved very fast and disappeared to the east behind trees
from my viewing point.  It was in view for perhaps 3 seconds.  The time was
about 18:50, PDT.  This was the first meteor I ever saw during daylight
hours.  I could just kick myself for not reacting faster to take a picture
with the camera I was holding.  It took me a second to figure out what I was
looking at, before I could engage my brain to react.  Then it was too late.
Have you heard of any reports of this meteor?  Unless you happened to be
looking in the sky at that moment, I don't think anyone could have noticed
it.

I hope you find this report of value to you.

Sincerely,
Steve Endlich