Date: 15 Apr 00 11:48:06 EDT
From: Laurent Pellerin <nightsight@netscapedot net>
To: Joan and David Dunham <dunham@erols.com>, mazur@geo.ucalgarydot ca,
        jmelosh@lpl.Arizonadot edu, rclark99a@earthlinkdot net,
        Dr_D_Whitehouse@email.msn.com, rolittge@ucdavisdot edu,
        prospector@sd.znet.com, nikolai_wuensche@compuserve.com,
        jrendtel@aipdot de, Olague07@aol.com, ddelgado@ll.iac.es,
        nightsight@netscapedot net, noah@wise1.tau.ac.il, mcbal.gwyvre@virgindot net,
        loane@well.com, gotwols@clutter.jhuapldot edu, phillips@spacesciences.com,
        tcook@nasmdot edu, mbboslo@sandiadot gov, ivvan@idg1.chph.ras.ru,
        respald@sandiadot gov, beechm@ureginadot ca, albert.a.jackson1@jsc.nasadot gov,
        mark.matney1@jsc.nasadot gov, dja@star.arm.acdot uk, wgn@imodot net,
        gvarros@clarkdot net, imo-news@egroups.com,
        webmaster@lunar-occultations.com, meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Re: [Eta Aquariid lunar impact possibility, May 6-10]
CC: Jerry Reed <greed1@cfl.rr.com>

David and Brian,

I should be able to use the 26" scope at the UCF Robinson Observatory on the
evening of May 7th.  Unfortunately, I have an all-day commitment on the 6th,
plus I have to run the Planetarium show that night followed by a telescope
session.  And every week-night at the Robinson is booked until the end of the
semester.

BTW:  We now have our Astrovid 2000 CCD Video camera.  (.01 lux and manual
gain, gamma, and shutter speeds!)  Given the size of the scope and the
sensitivity of the camera, we should pick up very faint flashes.  (The
Astronomy Dept here at SCC gave the Planetarium their old 8" Meade, but its
drive went up in smoke, right after getting the mirrors re-coated!  I'm
applying for a grant to get a Celestron Ultima 2000 8" for this fall.  Then
I'll be able to handle just about any night of the week without having to beg
time on the 26".)

Laurent Pellerin

Operations & Production
Seminole Community College Planetarium