[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) apology for lack of contributions

Dear Members:

I read every Meteorobs post and am still trying to learn with my family, but
I must apologize for my lack of meteor sighting contributions.  My Limiting
Magnitudes have changed drastically.  I now have a big searchlight X above my
home, multiple rotating searchlights, and occasional bursts of white and
colored lights that brighten all parts of the sky.

It seems that the new Hilton Garden Inn (from my southeast) and Disneyland
(from my northeast) have sort of joined together searching for something
exactly at my zenith and whited out that area.  What that doesn't blot out,
Disney periodically splashes and rotates out just about all other parts of
the sky.  So, I hope you will understand that seeing one -2 meteor a while
ago has been the highlight of my meteor watching year 2000.

I never thought I would miss my 4.6 and 5.0 LMs.  Ah, the good old days
(actually nights) of last year.

I have spoken to my city and to these businesses, to no avail.  I must now
write out my request and ask that their lights be turned off.  I am having
difficulties putting pen to paper in a polite manner, so it may be quite some
time before I can add to the meteor discourse.  If anyone has any rational
letter writing suggestions, please feel free to correspond with me to my
personal e-mail address.

I wonder what these business are search(lighting) for?  Do you think ETs need
directional locators for entertainment and lodging?

Still several stars shining through,
Mrs. Webb
Anaheim, CA, USA

P. S.  If this is "off topic" I apologize in advance for that too.