[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteor physics

>       Physics of Meteor Flight in the Atmosphere - Ernst J. Opik
>       Interscience Tracts on Physics and Astronomy Number 6
>       (1958) Intersciences Publishers, Inc., New York and London
>       Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 58-12727

I can't recommend this thin, dense little book highly enough! Next to the
McKinley book (_Meteor Science and Engineering_) previously mentioned, it
is probably the number one "bible" of meteor science generally available.

Unfortunately, it's not so generally available to amateurs as Ed seems to
indicate! I know I had to wait almost three years to finally locate my own
copy of Oepik - and when I did, I paid a not insubstantial price for it.

>I'm just pointing out that this topic is complex.

It is indeed, Ed - which is one reason why it's so much fun for us amateurs
to mull questions related to the topic of meteor physics! And that same
complexity makes it fun for us to try to actually understand some of the
definitions and explanations professionals have come up with in the past...

Clear skies all, and thanks for a wonderful thread!
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: