[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteor physics

Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteor physics

Lew wrote:

> I can't recommend this thin, dense little book highly enough! Next to the
> McKinley book (_Meteor Science and Engineering_) previously mentioned, it
> is probably the number one "bible" of meteor science generally available.
>
> Unfortunately, it's not so generally available to amateurs as Ed seems to
> indicate! I know I had to wait almost three years to finally locate my own
> copy of Opik - and when I did, I paid a not insubstantial price for it.

    As for finding the above book Lew, I guess I was just lucky!  Bought it
at the University of Victoria book store 10 or 15 years ago for $2:00.  It
is sad that there are so few books on this topic other than the I.A.U.
Symposium reports that cost an arm and a leg!  Low production runs I guess.
You would think it still could be found at a university library.  I'm just
guessing as I must admit, I haven't looked.

Ed Majden