[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) DMS ready for take off to the Leonids 2000

Hi All!

Members of the Dutch Meteor Society are now fully prepared to observe the
Leonids 2000 from a location somewhere in western Europe.
In fact three separate expedition are beiing organised to maximize the
change one of the DMS-groups will observe the outburst.
One group Peter Bus, Klaas Jobse and Jaap van 't Leven are heading to the
Algarve in southern Portugal.
Another group among them Hans Betlem, Michelle van Rossum are Pavel Spurny
will observe the Leonids from Spain as they did last year.
The last group anxiously waits in the Netherlands and searches the internet
for places in western Europe where they have fine clear skies to observe
the Leonids.
We will let you know by e-mail what is going on live from our observing
site by GSM.
Our DMS-website at http://www.dmsweb.org now is prepared for the Leonids 2000.
Very first observational results will be published here.

Best wishes and clear skies to all,

Casper.

Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Tel. +(31)-30-2203170, Fax. +(31)-30-2202695, XOIP: 0208699068
GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445, GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-53270844
E-mail_1: casper.ter.kuile@planetdot nl
E-mail_2: casper.ter.kuile@dmsweb.org
E-mail_3: webmaster@dmsweb.org
DMS website: http://www.dmsweb.org