[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid Weather Forecast #7

Dear Meteorobs,

I read Joe's latest weather predictions and I want to encourage observers
to be prepared just in case. It will be good to get date from the Eastern
US if possible.

In 1998 the forcast was poor but I found a hole in the cloud cover by
looking at the GOES 8 infrared images. I drove my students to a spot where
we hit the open sky and did several hours of good observing and saw the
bright fireballs from the Leonids that year. It was a grand display. Mark
Davis was not far away but had problems with clouds and had to move
observing locations a couple of times.

Clear Skies,

Terry

Terry Richardson

843 937-1048 pager #
843 953-8071 phone
843 953-4824 fax
http://www.cofcdot edu/~richardt/

First Class Mail:

Terry Richardson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424

Packages:
Terry Richardson
College of Charleston Dept. of Physics
58 Coming Street, Room 101
Charleston, SC 29424

Office Location: Science Center Room 102