[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ursid Observing Question?

Hello Everyone,

I need some clarification.

Sky and Tel and Astronomy had conflicting dates on the Ursid Maximum, I think
they failed to remember that AM in the early morning is not considered the
night before.

My assumption is for EAST COAST US observers, the peak for the Ursid shower
will be on the morning of December 22nd at 2 AM EST (6 UT), would that be a
correct assumption?

So for people planning an observing trip, they should go out on the night of
the 21st, and plan to stay out till the morning of Friday the 22nd, correct?

If someone could clarify this, I'd really appreciate it, I've looked through
all the e-mails and then looked in books, and I haven't found anything that
matched.

Thanks,
Ted A. Nichols II
Astronomical Society of Hbg.