[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) [Fwd: meteor sighting from aircraft, ground contact possible]

If anyone else witnessed this event please share your description with
both Joe and the list.

Thanks!

Robert Lunsford

-- BEGIN included message

12-3-00
This evening I observed easily the brightest meteor I have ever witnessed from the ground or the air. I was flying into DFW airport when about 100 miles northeast of sabine pass on the texas gulf coast at an altitude of 35 thousand feet(approx 10:05 PM), I observed a very bright green light descend from above 60 thousand feet down into a cloud layer at about 20 thousand feet still burning very brightly. If anyone has any information on this sighting or could point me in the right direction I would be very greatfull.
Joe Robau 214-912-7961
joenet1@prodigydot net
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/