[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball reports found on questionable site

>>>On a cloudy night I decided, based on past experience of
>>>finding some interesting reports of fireballs and
>>>satellites on such sites, to spend some time perusing a
>>>lot of (mostly brief) UFO reports online.

    About two weeks ago, lying on the sofa exhausted after a workday,
I awoke from a slight, short doze to some program about UFO's on
the History Channel (of all places).  To tired to get up and find the
remote
and find better garbage to watch, I lay there and enjoyed several clips
of
"filmed, eyewitness accounts" of the usual hokeyness.
The interesting thing was that among the several amatuer film clips
of "UFO's" shown, there were about three that were obviously
daylight fireballs.  One was of what is probably among the rarest of
observable
meteoritic occurances...a daylight point fireball that left a lengthy
persistant train. Three points to be made here:
1)  Naturally none of the fireballs were identified as such on the show.

2)  Too bad these films aren't turned over to science for what they
truely are (if they haven't been).
3) That persistant train was visible in broad daylight(?) !!!

Kim Y.