[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) SoCal bolide + dim meteor

Hi Cinde,

> Can anyone tell me if there were two separate SoCal events on the 25th?

It was actually on Monday, March 26th.

>  The LA Times article states that the calls came in at "8:20 PM", and I've
heard
> of at least three other witnesses who saw something similar at 7:30
(1930UT).

You probably mean 19:30 PST (4:30 UT on the 27th).  If so,
I reported a relatively dim (magnitude 2) fast-moving
meteor at that time.  It was nothing special, lasting
less than 0.4 seconds and covering about 10 degrees of
arc.  Definitely unrelated to the 8:20pm PST bolide.

Best,
Rob