[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Bolide offshore Sunshine Coast Australia (19/04/01 1530 UTC)

> Other evidence: No seismograph stations "triggered" on this event.
> F111 jets were in the region prior to the event but RAAF have publically
> reported it was not them.

Hi Col,

That last remark, I should simply discount. In 1995 we had a similar event in
the coastal area of the Netherlands (I experienced it myselve). Military
authorities initially simply denied it was an aircraft. Only when the Dutch
Meteorological Institute came with results of their WOOVER stations indicating
the origin of the sonic boom at 500 meter altitude and a quite precize location
over the north sea, and indicated that under such circumstances it had to be an
aircraft, the Air Force finally confessed it was an aircraft after all - an
F111 taken of from an RAF base (Lakenhead I believe) in Britain.

Note that I am not saying that it was an aircraft. Only that denial by military
authorities have little value in cases like this where an aircraft is one of
the possibilities. This is not because I am one of those conspiracy freaks - I
am not. But the fact is that the possibility of damage claims flatly makes Air
Force authorities deny such things unless evidence for their involvement is
irrefutable.

Marco Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)