[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The END of Visual Observing ?!?!?

>From: Mike Linnolt <mlinnolt@alum.mitdot edu>
>this is  doubtless the beginning of the end for visual meteor >observing :(

  Mike,

  No No! Don't say that!... the end OF VISUAL meteor observing.  I'm an
amateur observer (and professional statistical programmer) who is interested
in data collection and analyses of all types.  Been a visual obeserver since
the 70s and Meteorobs member since 1996. If the folks doing the high level
meteor analyses do not need or request my formal standardized observations
because MetRec or whatever application is more reliable.. so be it.. meteor
science progresses.. thats fine
  Does that mean I will END visually observing meteors.  Absolutely not!
Some folks go to church on Sundays. I observe meteors instead.  That keeps
me 'in touch'. And if my data can be used, formally, cool.. thats just a
plus.

  just my 2cents.

  Joseph
  SAn Diego, CA