[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) [Admin fwd] Re: No Perseids for Greater NY area (again!)

In a message dated 8/11/01 9:38:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-meteorobs@atmob.org writes:

<< Wayne, so you feel that Lew has the best chance of seeing the Perseids
 from Florida. Sorry but I must defend San Diego County's record. Our
 record is just opposite of Joe's. In the last 30 years we have probably
 missed 5-6 displays due to clouds. That is just off the top of my head. >>

Bob,
Just my luck. A few years ago I was SE of LA during the Leonids. We went to
OCA's Anza site in the desert and was completely covered by clouds and then
fog. So my So. Cal. experience is 0 for 1.  ;-)                 Kev