[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteor photo ?

Ron,

  I concur with Bob Lunsford... what it looks like is obviously not a meteor
PER SE, but the lingering persistant train (smoke trail) of a
fireball/bolide... like Bob indicated, wakes and trains are usually always
linear, but, if they persist, the train is subjected to the
winds/turbulances of the atmosphere.. creating a smoky snake-like
trail.  Thats what I think your pic may be showing.  Upon first
viewing yer pic, I was immediately reminded of the 20-30 minute long
persistant trains many of us were fortunate to see during that Great Leonid
Fireball Fest several years ago.

  Just my dos pesos worth,

  Joseph
  san diego