[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Coming in November Sky & Telescope...

Hey, guys.  I'm a total amateur.  I really enjoy
this list because it gives me the opportunity to
be exposed to a broader, deeper range of thought
processes and communications.....

but, seriously, I'm more interested in discussing
the time, date, sky quadrant to look at....and
then to see the results that the more skilled
observers report on..............

to discuss whether or not we passed thru
a tail in 1839, or 1869, is relevant only to
the extent of, if possible, projecting what
we will most likely see in November, 2001

but to argue over scientific technique, or
accuse one of lesser/greater test controls,
or postulate development..........

this is "meteorobs"....e.g., meteor observations
or meteor observers......not a 500 or
600 level class in astrophysics.

please....either give us neophytes some
consideration, and keep the discussions
focused on focus (observing meteors)
....or kick us plebians out of your august,
elitist body.

thanks

chuck ferriday