[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Excerpts from "CCNet 109/2001 - 19 October 2001"

>If you're not from NASA/JPL or an American, no one knows who you are! :-)

No, no, Ed, don't assume THAT! In truth, it is far more likely that Canadians
(with names like Hawkes, Brown, Millman, Majden, etc.) PREDOMINATE so much in
North American meteors, we Yanks have a hard time keeping track of you all! :)

Anyway, my apologies for not making the link between Dr. Hildebrandt and MIAC.
I knew he SOUNDED like an authoritative source, which was one reason I was so
surprised by that (now clearly misquoted) misuse of the word "meteorite". It
is indeed hard to know in what form meteor information will ultimately appear
in the press - even the ASTRONOMICAL press. That is the reason we ALL can do
meteors an ongoing service, just by using every chance we get to tell others
in and outside the astronomical community, all about our favorite topic...

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html