[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 65-74MHz frequency list [radio meteors]

Tomislav,

I had the same problem few months ago trying to understand where to fight a
good frequency.  They are no TV carriers but many east countries FM
braodcast. And to my point of view listening FM echoes is not the best way
to count them. It is far better to use an AM TV carrier and to listen in
USB. I use a downconverter from 50Mhz to 28...30MHz and I feed a 26...30MHz
SSB receiver with the signal. I can then listen from approx 48...52MHz and
this is the best place to catch echoes. They are transmitters everywhere.
Sometime I have two or three echoes for the same meteorite. My problem now
is to reduce the sensitivity of my system. I will use a 30dB attenuator.

If you need the list between 65-74MHz this is like for other frequency. use
google and look for the FM transmitter around 66.52 in Bucharest and visit
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/3232/dxlinks/stinfo_eu.htm

Generally speaking when you look for a particular frequency use the word DX
in your search words like FM DX or TV DX. The radio hams are doing DXing
(listening long distance radio) and edit a lot of frequencies.

Good luck and best regards

John

ON4EU