[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 65-74MHz frequency list [radio meteors]

[PLEASE NOTE: Try not to use the words "help", "subscribe", "unsubscribe",
etc. in your email posts to 'meteorobs'... They may cause your overworked
List Administrators to have to reforward your message for you. BTW *thank
you*, Tomislav, for all the wonderful, timely radio meteor information.
Clear skies to all for the Leonids! -Lew Gramer]

Hello again,

I contacted mailing list few days ago with the question of frequency list for
FM stations in Europe for a frequency range 88-92 MHz. Fortunately, few people
helped me and I solved that problem more or less. Special thanks to Marc Neijts
and John (ON4EU) whose lists and links were most useful.

Now I have a problem with a lower band VHF frequency list. We are trying to
construct radio meteor observation station and make another antenna for 64 -
70 MHz band which is almost unused except radio station in east European
countries.
We are using forward scattering method. As there are only few radio station
in lower commercial VHF band emitting from distance of 600 to 1400 km from our
station, they are excellent choice for observation.

For successful observation, we need a list of those stations, their location,
emitting power and frequency to pick appropriate one. For the complete listing
of radio stations and its frequencies we referred to International
Telecommunication
Union and tried to obtain International Frequency List (IFL), which is a
handbook
(now published on CD ROM also) published yearly with all radio stations with
international certificate. Unfortunately, I was unable to find IFL anywhere
in Croatia (including different libraries, National and University library,
radio and TV stations, radio amateurs, Internet).

I am again looking for help in providing with necessary information on radio
stations emitting in 65 - 74 MHz range, including frequency, power (erp) and
geographical location. I am looking only for radio stations with e.r.p. > 40
dBW (>10 kW) for eastern European countries who are still emitting in 65-74
MHz range: Ukraine, Byelorussia, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech and Slovak
Republic (not sure if they still have stations 65-74 MHz).

If you are able to help in providing necessary information, I will be more than
pleased.

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Tomislav Jurkic,