[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) can you narrow it down, please

At 13:11 12/11/01, you wrote:

>in black and white, can someone make a suggestion about when i should set the
>alarm to get up on the roof to watch for incoming leonids??
>
>of course, if the weather in the past week is any indication, i have a feeling
>i'll be sleeping in!!
>
>i'm sorry for being so 'dense' about all of this.
>i'm not a professional nor even a good amateur...but i do enjoy watching my
>skies in this part of the world and i enjoy being totally impressed by all of
>you smart people.
Arlene, I am not exactly sure where assos is, but the uncertainty
is only a degree of latitude( 110Km) so the following applies.
Get up to your roof about 1am( Greek time) November 18, by whick time the sickle
of Leo will be 20 degrees elevation in the East. You can look until
astronomical twilight at 5:37 Greek standard time. The morning of the
November 19, is for us at longitudes around 140E.
Tony Beresford
Adelaide, So. Australia

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html