[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) can you narrow it down, please

hello fellow skywatchers,
from the looks of the prediction times and locations, i still can't pin down
what i'm supposed to do!
shall i prepare to camp out for a few nights from the 17th to the 19th? it's
getting cold out there fellas!! i'm in the eastern aegean area and i know that's
not a prime target for the leonids but i'm getting a lot of information that
just confuses me more and more.

in black and white, can someone make a suggestion about when i should set the
alarm to get up on the roof to watch for incoming leonids??

of course, if the weather in the past week is any indication, i have a feeling
i'll be sleeping in!!

i'm sorry for being so 'dense' about all of this.
i'm not a professional nor even a good amateur...but i do enjoy watching my
skies in this part of the world and i enjoy being totally impressed by all of
you smart people.

i've just bought a house in a remote neighboring village that is really far away
from any light pollution and i expect that in coming years, the skies are going
to be more and more interesting to me! i'm going to have an attached studio
apartment (give me a year to finish it) and then i'll be taking reservations for
guests who want to come to visit...if any of you professionals are interested in
visiting and are willing to give me a few tips about skywatching, i'd be pleased
to let you stay there for a few days/weeks. let me know!

thanks,

arlene in assos
walking in the footsteps of aristotle

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html