[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Southern Maryland meteors 13 NOV (UT)

Hi Everyone,
   I went out to practice my technique for the MAIN EVENT on 18 NOV. I
concluded that trying to simultaneously call out meteor magnitudes and
announce WWV (UTC) time markers for the tape recorder (at 1 minute
intervals), for approximately one hour, will be quite a feat of endurance
and coordination!  And especially when the temperature is likely to be
-6C/21F!  Who said meteor observing is relaxing?
   The highlight for me was seeing my first LEO of 2001.  Also active were
the Southern Taurids, according to my plots.  Details below.

DATE: 13 NOV 2001
TIME: 5:56- 8:12 UT  Teff= 2.05  Lm= 5.73  F=1.00  Temp= -6C/21F
SITE: Newburg, MD USA (approx 77 W Long, 38.5 N Lat)
FIELD CENTERS: @ 600UT= RA 5h, +25 DEC;
               @ 700UT= RA 5h 30M, +25 DEC
               @ 800UT= RA 6h, +20 DEC

MAGS:  0  +1  +2  +3  +4  TOT

STA    0   1   1   2   1   5
TAU    0   0   0   1   0   1
LEO    0   0   0   1   0   1
SPO    1   1   2   1   1   6

NOTE: I reduced Teff by 1 minute for each plot, total plots= 7
      and "dead time" of 6 mins.

Best wishes for CLEAR SKIES AND GOOD LUCK DURING THE LEONID MAX!
Rich Taibi (TAIRI)