[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids fever

Ed,

Where to in AZ? In Tucson now, it's very clear even though it's officially
"partly cloudy". I can only hope for the best.

I tested my camera, it does 6.3 mag on tape, about 13 degree FOV. I am
wondering, should I put it near the radiant, or someplace else? I can see
from Regulus to Aldhafera.

Thanks,
Mark

At 02:10 AM 11/16/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, I'm going to Arizona.  I have not flown anywhere since January
>1985, so this is really getting "out there" for me.  It's a definite
>case of Leonids fever.
>
>And now the cloud model John Krempasky wrote about is making New
>Mexico look better!  But I told myself it's over two days from now,
>and what can one do anyway but hope for the best.  It definitely
>looks better than almost all of Texas.
>
>In the cloud model 6:00 Nov 18 UT, the Tennessee and Ohio valleys,
>really from Alabama on up to southern Ontario, look pretty good.
>The 12:00 Nov 18 UT doesn't look quite that good, but it's still
>way better than Texas.  Some of the Great Plains areas look pretty
>good for that morning also, in these two-day-away models.
>
>A satellite photo site I like a lot is this one, especially the
>animations:
>
>  http://www.rap.ucardot edu/weather/satellite.html
>
>But I haven't fully checked out the sat photo site that John K.
>wrote about a few days ago.
>
>Clear, dark nights, and safe travels to all--
>
>Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA
>The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
>If you are interested in complete links on the upcoming LEONIDS, see:
>http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html
>To stop getting email from the 'meteorobs' list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.meteorobs.org/subscribe.html

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: