[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Strange Leonid...

At 17:24 26/11/01, Chris Cawford wrote:
>I just found out something very curious about those photos. They are
>obviously photos of aurorae, and the mix of meteors and aurorae is very
>impressive.
>There was a site, Tiksi Bay, that shows K-values of 6. If our photographer
>was in northern Siberia, then these photos are credible. I
Chris, if you follow up the web address on the image,
you get a website in Norwegian , that mentions harmsdat.
heavens-above.com database of norwegian towns gives more than
one location for harmsdat, depending on the vowel sound.
howver ALL are inside the artic circle!
The website also suggests that  frank@nettfoto.no might get the
owner of the images
Tony Beresford