[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fewer fireballs from LEO 2001 (China) than LEO 1998 (USA)?

I observed in 98,but it was the first  time i had ever observed meteors,and
i observed from behind glass and indoors from my home in London,UK. So what
i did see was probably much less than i would have seen if i had been
outdoors and observing from a dark sky ...I probably was observing 1/2 the
amount of sky which i had to watch in 2001.

Never the less,i am sure that i saw at least as many,and most probably more
fireballs,and generally brighter than i saw observing the Leonids from dark
skies Mt. Isa in Australia this year. The percentage of fireballs in 98
which were into double figures was noticeably higher than in 2001. I have
no numbers to back up these observations,and this is only the impression i
got having observed both of those nights.

Leo

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html