[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Electrophonic Meteor Sounds

It was my impression that the electrophonics detected by Very Low
Frequency receivers were all supersonic, i.e. above about 20,000 cycles
per second.  This means that if you are hearing the sound of
electrohonics it must be coming from sources that are somehow generating
subharmonics of the electrophonics.  Fifty years ago I remember that
analog computer people were arguing as to whether subharmonic could
occur naturally.  I don't know how that came out but today a Google
search of subharmonics give hundreds of reference.  Maybe some more
sophisticate members can examine that data and give a plausible answer
to electrophonic sounds at supersonic frequencies.  I searched on
"subharmonics" on Google at:

        http://www.google.com

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html