[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Geminids vs Antihelian

Over the last three nights of observing for a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes I have observed one antihelion, four Geminids, and three that I am classifying as sporadics.  I am observing under urban light pollution with the LM 3.1 in the better part of the sky.  On one occasion it was LM 3.8 at the zenith.  I feel very certain of the antihelion and Geminids after reviewing the data on radiants offered by Robert Lunsford.  You may wonder why anyone would observe under such poor conditions.  Well, I'm just hungry for stars and any meteor is precious under these conditions.

Jeremie VAUBAILLON wrote:

 Hi folks !

On friday Dec 7th, a collegue of mine saw a certain number of Geminids : that is 7 days before predicted maximum.

Actually, he was surely not aware of anithelian radian, so I do not know exactly what part of each there was.

Is there another witness ?

Thanks !

Jeremie

--
* Jeremie VAUBAILLON
* Institut de Mecanique Celeste et de Calcul