[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Some thoughts as we ring in the new . . .

    It is so fantastically odd to me the way this all turned out.

    Ever since I first saw the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey (way back in
1968), I had so been looking forward to the arrival of the actual year of
2001.
And now . . . with only hours to go before we transition to the year 2002, I
am so happy to see it go.

    I guess my feelings were best summed up in an editorial cartoon in my
local Long Island newspaper, Newsday.  It shows an old grandfatherly figure
obviously representing the current (old) year, wearing the perfunctory "2001"
sash, in a house, being escorted to the front door by the family members of
that house.

The caption reads:  "Well . . . I can take a hint!"

We can only hope and pray for a far less turbulent year in 2002.

<A
HREF="http://free6.bluemountain.com/cards/boxf227857v3/befhwcbn8teyae.html">
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!</A>
-- joe rao