[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Quads a loss in East GA

     I'll have to content myself with having had good sessions observing
the 2001 and 2000 Quads, as we're in the middle of that rarest of
events, a Deep South winter storm, the real thing, including that white,
wet stuff.  I think it's called snow.  I was in
hopes of clearing skies by tonight but that doesn't look to be in the
cards.

    Having seen the shower *fairly* close to it's peak the past two
years under the clearest of skies, and with the moon and clouds
uncooperative this year-- not to mention having to work tomorrow ;) --
I'll just have to look back happily over the fine rates I have managed
to get out of the elusive Quadrantids. My highest hour in 2000 was 28
QUA's .  Last year I maxed out at 49 QUA's per hour including a heady
mixture of fireballs (3).  Mixed in with a good sporadic rate and two
dramatic nebulous SPO's and I had a not-too-shabby New Year's treat!

    Good luck to those seeking a post-peak peek tonight!

Kim Youmans