[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Opik

Rob,

I couldn't agree with you more on the 1833 storm timing - that dataset is
very dicey and there are really very few solid accounts to draw upon. It
would be great if someone could dig into archival data for records with some
numerical details out west. A 45 minute difference in the peak timing is, in
my opinion, easily within the uncertainty of these data.

Cheers,
Peter
Dr. Peter Brown
Assistant Professor, Canada Research Chair in Meteor Science
Meteor Physics Group, Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 3K7
Canada

http://phobos.astro.uwodot ca/~pbrown
Voice:1-519-661-2111 x86458, Fax:1-519-661-4085, email:pbrown@uwodot ca
Meteor Astronomy Lab : 1-519-661-2111 x84744,
Meteor Physics Lab :   1-519-850-2385
Planetary Astronomy Lab : 1-519-661-2111 x87985