[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Overdense or Es?

At 10:56 10/06/02, Tom Ashcraft wrote:

>Regarding the interesting Sporadic-E and meteor questions:
>

>I wonder if Sporadic-E might be caused by massive extra-terrestrial clouds
>of *extremely small* particles of dust that the earth regularly engages
>this time of year that may be part of the Arietid streams or some other
>possible space dust swarms?
Your speculation doesnt fit observation on several points Tom.
For example Sporadic E is a seasonal phenomena. Here in Australia it peaks
around the same SEASON as you are having now ( in Decamber).

Please remember meteor radar is MUCH more sensitive than visual or forward
scatter. The equivalent visual magnitude is around 13.

Tony Beresford

Follow-Ups: References: