[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Giacobinids on Oct 9/10 non-active

Hi all,

Brief note here about Giacobinids...

Did not have any luck getting out on October 7 or 8.  However, I
managed nearly 2 hours TEFF on the late evening of Wed October 9.  I
was watching from a dark sky site out west of Ottawa, near Cobden.
The sky had a number of cloudy periods that forced me to take several
breaks.  However, enough clear periods to make it worth signing-on.
The limiting magnitude was around 6.1-6.3 and the sky was quite hazy
except for the zenith.

I recorded a number of sporadics (including some fairly nice ones!),
but nothing that came close to being a Giacobinid.  A couple
sporadics came close to aligning with the GIA radiant, but their
velocity was wrong.

Full report will follow...

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario