[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) A Question of Direction (About Meteors!)

Mark,

I use "true north" for the reasons Mr. Majden provided. Therefore these
directions are the same whether you are located in New York or Australia.

It should be noted that direction is one of the less important
parameters in meteor observing. The more important characteristics to
record are shower association, time of appearance, magnitude, length and
velocity. Secondary characteristics could include color, direction,
radiant distance, zenith distance, distance from the center of your
field of view and train phenomena.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford