[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids Question

Hello All,

Could anyone please tell me if the Leonids were active on November 1st, in
Turkey?  I'm doing a follow up on a rather dramatic sighting report (see
below) made by four airline pilots, of different aircraft.  I'd appreciate
any help.

Clear Skies!
Cinde Costello

>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:21:42 +0200
>Subject: A 'Squadron' Of UFOs Over Turkey

>"A Squadron Of UFOs." 4 Pilots of 4 planes saw them.

>The pilots of four (One foreign, 3 Turkish) planes reported to flight safety
>departments that they had encountered a "squadron" of UFOs on November 1st
>over Afyon.

>It is stated the 'squadron' of 10-15 UFOs had later been seen over Antalya
and >Izmir Adnan Menderes Airports.

>As big as a Boeing-747

>The objects were observed at 05.30 AM, at 22-36 thousand feet, between Afyon
>and Yalova. The pilot of the plane which was the closest to the UFO
squadron, >Ercan Eken said, "Approximetely 10-15 small objects (but when you
calculate the >distance, as big as Boeing-747) were flying within, 1-2 miles
of each other."

>Pilots Say The Things They Saw Were UFOs

>4 Pilots claimed that they saw 10-15 shiny objects at the same time, and
they >claimed these were UFOs. This claim caused arguements. Captain Pilot
Necmi >Ekinci, the chairman of The Turkish Airline Pilots Association (TALPA)
said "Our >friends are confident people. We trust the information given by
them."

>The pilots said that they were sure the objects they saw did not belong to
earth, >although they don't believe it so far. They stated:

>Vedat Gurbuz (Captain Pilot): On the morning of November 1st, we were moving
>ahead to our plane at 05.40 - 05.45, in Yzmir Adnan Menderes Airport. We saw
4-5 >objects on the direction to Afyon, in the sky. They were leaving traces
10-15 times >bigger than a plane's behind them. Going forward and down at 7-8
times faster than >a plane.

>Yylmaz Atly (Captain Pilot): On the morning of November 1st, we set out for
>Germany form Antalya, around 05.00 in the morning. Around Afyon, we saw a
very >bright light in the top-left quadrant. The light was getting brighter
and closer. Than it >flew at us. We were seeing it but it wasn't on the
radar. Then it divided into 10-15 >units and disappeared on the right-bottom
corner.

>Sinan Yylmaz (Pilot): We had started out for Salzburg from Antalya. At the
15 >miles ahead, northwest of Afyon, we saw a very bright light on the north.
Stable >yellow and white lights continued flying to east. There were at least
10-15 traces. It >lasted for 40-45 seconds. Then this bright light divided
into 10-15 lights, they flew at >the same level and disappeared on the right.
I didn't believe in such things, but it >was impossible to not to believe.