[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Unexpected Peak at around UT 2200, Nov. 18!!! (Nov. 18/19 UT~...

In a message dated 11/20/02 4:38:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
meteorobs_menhu@hotmail.com writes:

<< I think the most important event happened on the night of 18/19 (UT 2200,
 Novemver 18, 2002). We met an unexpected peak! The population index was
 rather low, our preliminary results suggested it might be about 1.7,
 coorespending to the ZHR_max of approximately 200! Unfortunately, on account
 of the bad weather and boring moonlight, we had only an LM worse than 4.
 However, 5 individual observers' contribution may make up the disadvantage.
 I think this event may caused by some very old dust trail. So, predictions
 may not consider dusts with so many revolutions(?).

 We also noticed the result of Japan and Iran (by Hiroshi Ogawa and the gourp
 of Iran)! Both fluxes were lower than ours. And at the end of Iranian
 observations, it increased for the European peak. So, our result might be
 just the very top of the unexpected peak. >>

In light of the above, may I add a curious inquiry which I received from Mr.
Edgar Castro, of the Astronomical Society of Guatemala.  Should anybody wish
to contact him directly, I've included his e-mail address -- joe rao

Yesterday I got a curious phone call from an observer
in Sanarate, who said that at 2am on MONDAY 18th, he
saw many shootings stars, so many that he could not
count them, he watched them for 45 minutes and went to
sleep because he got bored of watching this.

I am trying to confirm this observatios with others,
because is the only one that I have, however, in the
meantime the question that burdens myself is

Could the predictions be wrong and we missed the date?

Edgar Castro
ecastrobathen@yahoo.com