[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 33-year period seems unclear to me

I have been wondering for a long time why there is this 33-year period (or -
depending on Jupiter - even 66 or 99-year) between two Leonid storm cycles.
The dust trails are at the same place (more or less) all the time - at least
for about two hundred years - and earth should be going through (nearly) the
same area every year.
It's clear that earth often misses the dust trails due to several gravity
effects, but I can't find the connection between the passage of Temple-Tuttle
and the return of the storm cycles.
Probably I didn't get everything right, because it seems to be clear to most
people (at least I didn't ever hear anyone ask). Maybe you can help me ;-)

Daniel Gruen