[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Credit where credit is due

OK, I have to get my thanks in too. I saw a couple of REALLY nice Leonid
shows and learned a lot about meteors, thanks to you folks. I shared the
events with dozens of other folks, including grade school kids, so the
information rippled. Thanks very much for enriching some some very unique
experiences! And a happy Thanksgiving to all!

I would also like to join Paul and Joseph in thanking Lew for making it
so easy to communicate. Lord knows it was only 7 years ago I was using
the postal service for all my meteor correspondence. Let's also not
forget all those who were there in the beginning such as Mark Davis and
George Zay.  They got the ball rolling and set in motion what was to
become the Meteor Network and eventually MeteorObs. Others, such as
Cathy Hall have also stepped in and spent a lot of their free time
getting the news out.

We all had our grandiose visions of an organized and united American
meteor community. Well, that never happened exactly as planned. We did
do something right though, and that was getting the word out that meteor
observing was fun, easy and a real way to contribute to the scientific
community. No matter what the source, we all did an excellent job of
getting the word out. The MeteorObs list made this easier and Lew should
be congratulated for his time and efforts in maintaining this list.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford