[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bob Lunsford's Suggestions/Help & Nov. 19/20 Correction

November 26, 2003

Greetings Robert Lunsford and Fellow Meteor
Enthusiasts!

Thank you very much for taking the time out to answer
all of those questions and for your thoughtful
suggestions!

Quickly, in regards to recording my LM, I had listed
the wrong times for the November 19/20 hunt.  They
should be the following:

 LIMITING MAGNITUDE:

                    AVERAGE
             STAR     STAR
 TIME        AREA    COUNT    LM

 7:06         4        7+    5.1+
 7:06         8        9     5.5
 7:27         4        7+    5.1+
 7:27         8      ~10     5.9
 7:50         4       ~8    ~5.3
 7:50         9        6       -

 MEAN LIMITING MAGNITUDE: ~5.4

Whew! That looks better than 0:00 or 1:00 UT!

As for my obstructions, (a bothersome problem and task
to record properly) I can't do a whole lot about it.
I live in a woods at the edge of a lake.  The trees
are thick all around.  I do try to find the best spots
when observing (within reason) and do admit I probably
overestimate the blockage since I can see a bit
through the trees.  I will have to think about,
perhaps a better solution...

I'll try to get you the scoop on the atomic clock in
more detail later.  I got it as a gift and was "very"
enthralled about it.  I was going to tell the list but
I never got to it.  It cost maybe $20 and used to
light up every time you pressed it, that is, until I
dropped it off a shelf!  I couldn't believe myself.

It looks like I'm lacking time.  Thank you again for
the help!

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA