[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids Dec 12/13 ...

Hi all,

Brief report before going to bed...

I was successful in getting about 6 hours TEFF this morning (Dec 12/13)
for the Geminids.  Transparency was very crisp and the air was cold
(-14C + windchill) which allowed for as much as mag 5.5 skies or so!

I haven't decoded the tape yet but Geminids were moderately active
(maybe around 15-20/hr).  Sometimes there were very long lulls of
inactivity, and just as I started wondering where all the Gems went,
they would surprise me with a small burst.  Lots of very faint stuff,
just a few occasional fairly bright meteors.  Nothing got brighter than
mag -3.

It's looking like the peak night will be clear here, up until the last
dark hour or two before dawn.

Stay tune for the full rreport...

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario