[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Big fireball/bolide over Spain

Thanks to Allen Thomson on SeeSat-L for forwarding a link
to a Spanish newspaper report of a big fireball/bolide over
northwestern Spain.  It occurred a few minutes before 6:00
PM Sunday January 4 local time and was seen over a long
track moving west to east ("este" which Babelfish translated
as "this"!).  An astronomer in Spain ventured to estimate
that the meteoroid weighed from 50 to 100 tons.

http://www.elcorreogallego.es/periodico/20040105/Cultura-Sociedad/N231192.asp

Babelfish will *roughly* translate the article:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Ed Cannon

PS: I have no relation, financial or otherwise, to AV or
whoever owns it!