[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) RE: Chicago fire??

Gentleman  -- you missed the point of the email.

The Chicago fire may or may not have been caused by a meteorite. I am
skeptical of the meteorite causing the fire.  During the time period of
the Chicago fire,  there were other fires in Wisconsin  atributed to the
Chicago meteorite--  is it bad science or an urban myth ?  The number of
articles creditable or or not on the web can be miss leading about what
happen in Chicago in 1871. The Idaho Disaster (2004) management  folks
are addressing the danger from a meteorite fall and on their list of
cause and effect -- the danger of a meteorite -- is the Chicago fire
caused by a meteorite fall 8 October 1871.

If you search for meteor falls in the USA a popular meteor fall cited is
Chicago and the fire.

All I am trying to show is check and recheck the source.

George John Drobnock