[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Follow-up on "Electrophonics and migraines"

Hi,

I hope this might be interestning for your investigation. Our team did
the field research on electrophonics during 1998 Leonids. More info:
http://www.fizika.org/ilwcro/

There are couple of points which might be relevant to your
investigation:
(*) I heard electrophone and I do suffer from migrenes
(*) however, 5 more people heard the electrophonic sound simultaneously,
although they do not suffer from the migrenes
(*) finally, the fireball sound was recorded on the microphones -
time-synchonized with video of the meteor

The results are published in Journal of Geophysical Research (J.
Geophys. Res. 107, 10.1029/2001JA000310 (2002)).

There are two follow-up project on the problem of meteor electrophonic
sounds - I hope you will find them interesting and worth of
communication:

Global Electrophonic Fireball Project (contact D. Vinkovic, IAS,
Princeton):
http://www.gefsproject.com

and Electrophonic Fireball project (contact G. Zgrablic, EPFL,
Switzerland):
http://nanotubes.epfl.ch/epf

Best wished in your investigation. Regards,

Slaven

--
Slaven Garaj
Dept. of Physics, Harvard University